Integrating Technology into Youth Settings
Internet - Social Media
In this program, you will explore current uses of technology by youth and how that engagement influences their own development and the world around them. You will also identify the opportunities and dangers that are associated with new technologies. Participants will demonstrate how new technologies can be designed and incorporated into youth programming to promote positive youth development.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Explain how the type and extent of youth usage of technology affects tier development.
- Identify the risks and benefits of technology to youth programs and create a plan for technology use in their programs.
- Describe the various models that are used to structure technology-based interventions for youth.
- Apply one of these models to a practical situation in a youth-relevant setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to design an activity or intervention that incorporates technology to promote positive youth development.
Who Should Attend
- Youth workers in government departments, corporates and NGOs.
- Young leaders.
- Student activities coordinators.
- School and University teachers.
Course Fees is $1,790 USD includes:
- Course Enrollment
- Training Materials
- Coffee Breaks
*Fees Don't Cover Air Tickets and Accommodation.
Overviews of Youth and Technology
App generation review
Youth and Adolescent Ownership and Use of New Media
The Impact of Social Media on Youth, Adolescents, and Families
A Silicon Valley School That Doesn’t Compute!
Models of Integrating Technology into Youth Settings
The Use of Technology to Promote the Multicultural Development of Youth
Internet use and developmental tasks
Positive Technology Development
The Potential of Games for Learning
Technology in Youth Programs
Using Technology to Promote Positive Youth Development
Youth-Driven Social Media Campaign to Promote STI and HIV Testing Among Adolescents
Adaptive Game for Reducing Aggressive Behavior
Text-Messaging Interventions to Promote Healthy Behaviors in Adolescents
The Dangers and Policies around Technology Use
Use of Electronic Devices and Social Media in Youth Camps
Understanding the Role of Technology in Adolescent Dating and Dating Violence
The Multiple Dimensions of Video Game Effects on Youth
Social media use in adult–youth relationships
How Clear Missions Guide Electronic Technology Policies