Youth Policy Development
Youth policy - Strategy - Frameworks
Youth Policy Development
This Program will enable you to develop the skills required to investigate, analyse and influence the policy-making processes that shape welfare services, particularly those that directly affect the quality of young people’s lives. It will focus in particular on the nature and scope of youth policy – the common themes that underpin national youth policies and the characteristic tensions within such policies. The relationship between youth policies and the wider policy environment will be considered. The program will also look at the criteria for success or failure of youth policies and the evaluation of their outcomes.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Describe the origins, history and development of youth policies in at least two countries in your region.
- Outline the main themes that underpin the formulation, development and implementation of youth policies.
- Demonstrate a broad awareness of the impact of youth policies on youth development work.
- Evaluate the success of such policies through, for example, the use of performance indicators.
- Contribute to the strategic development of agencies in the youth development field through youth policy development.
- Establish and/or work within partnerships created to achieve key objectives of youth policy at local level.
- Influence policy-making processes in a way that is appropriate to your role.
Who Should Attend
- Members of National Youth Councils.
- Youth Workers in government departments, corporates and NGOs.
- Youth Parliamentarian Committees.
- Professionals responsible for policy formulation and strategy development in youth focused organizations.
Course Fees is $2,200 USD includes:
- Course Enrollment
- Training Materials
- Coffee Breaks
*Fees Don't Cover Air Tickets and Accommodation.
Youth policy Overview
Policy Definition - social/welfare policy - youth policy
Nature, Objectives and Importance
Characteristics of youth policies
- Nation building
The scope of youth policies
Policy planning and formulation
Policy impact and implementation
Analyzing Social Policy
Social policy in context
Government involvement in social policy
Grassroots policy development: another approach
Youth policy principles
Youth policy and the wider policy environment
Elements of a successful youth policy
Policy success and failure
Measuring success or failure
Elements of a successful policy
Frameworks in action
Key headings for a youth policy
Essential features of a youth policy
Evaluation of the effectiveness of policies