Managing Youth Economic Development Projects
SMEs - Entrepreneurship
The purpose of this program is to explore some of the development possibilities of the links between youth work and contemporary economic change. We will describe the skills needed to promote self employment among young women and young men, including the principles of setting up micro enterprises. We will explore how aspects of informal education can help young people to develop enterprise skills and undertake enterprise projects.
In this program, we focuses on the nature of current economic development and its relationship to enterprise activity. Other sessions concentrate on practical guidelines and exercises to develop enterprise skills. While one session of this program takes the form of a training program that you will be able to deliver to enterprising youth in your community.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Identify the different factors that shape and influence current economic development, particularly at a local level.
- Use experiential learning strategies to develop youth enterprise skills, with the aim of promoting local economic development.
- Support young women and young men in setting up small business projects.
- Contribute entrepreneurial expertise in the development of local economic strategies.
- Devise and deliver programs of informal education for young people to acquire enterprise skills.
Who Should Attend
- Mentors of business incubators and accelerators.
- Professionals responsible for the development of economic strategies.
- Student activities coordinators.
- Young leaders.
- Youth workers in government departments, corporates and NGOs.
Course Fees is $1,790 USD includes:
- Course Enrollment
- Training Materials
- Coffee Breaks
*Fees Don't Cover Air Tickets and Accommodation.
Understanding Economic Development
Opportunities in the global market
Economic development in rural areas
Small and informal enterprises
Government policies and support
Changing role of government and NGOs
Youth and enterprise
What is youth enterprise?
Barriers to enterprise
The enterprise development cycle
Setting up a small business
Setting up a small business: The training program
Preparing the ground
The business model
Planning a micro-enterprise
Planning an enterprise
Planning for micro and informal enterprises
Opportunities for young people